AFL & NETBALL VICTORIA RETURN TO TRAINING PROTOCOLS
AFL Victoria and Netball Victoria have released their return to training protocols.
These protocols must be followed by clubs once training recommences. All WRFL clubs are reminded that club-sanctioned training is prohibited until May 25.
AFL Victoria has released its Return to Small Outdoor Group Training Protocols.
Below are documents and resources supplied by AFL Victoria, which include:
- Return to Small Outdoor Group Training Checklist
- Return to Small Outdoor Group Training Protocols
- Club Training Attendance Register
- Register of Trained Officials
From 5pm the Toyota AFL Club Help website (www.afl.com.au/clubhelp) will contain a variety of resources and documents to assist clubs with implementing the protocols, including posters to help with the education process. These resources will be available for download which will enable your club to keep a permanent copy.
There will be an FAQ section on the site (www.afl.com.au/clubhelp/covid-19/faqs/return-faqs) which will be expanded as further information becomes available or more questions comes through.
Netball Victoria has developed its Return to Community Netball guidelines to support the resumption of training on outdoor courts.
Below are documents and resources supplied by Netball Victoria, which include:
- Return to Community Netball – Guidelines for Associations and Clubs
- Return to Community Netball – Attendance Checklist
- Return to Community Netball – Guidelines for Netball Victoria Member
- Return to Community Netball – Checklist
- Return to Community Netball – Frequently Asked Questions
- Return to Community Netball – Quick Reference Guide Training Requirements
- Return to Community Netball – Quick Reference Guide Venue Requirements
Netball clubs can access a range of downloadable resources on the COVID-19 information page on the Netball Victoria website. This page can be accessed at https://vic.netball.com.au/covid-19-information.
COVID-19 INFECTION CONTROL TRAINING
- All WRFL clubs (senior football, junior football and netball) must have designated volunteers complete the COVID-19 Infection Control Training Course.
- There must be a volunteer who has completed the COVID-19 Infection Control Training Course attend every training session.
- Therefore, the WRFL recommends clubs train a number of volunteers for this role (the course is free of charge and online).
- All these volunteers will need to be registered on SportsTG, if not already.
- A copy of their completed certificate must be sent to the WRFL, via email, to the relevant staff member who manages your competition (senior football – Adam Sparrow; junior football – Steph Reimers; netball – Adam Sparrow or Jessie Chester).
- To complete the COVID-19 Infection Control Training Course, please click here.