WRFL SHORTLISTED FOR MEDIA AWARDS
The WRFL has received five nominations at the 2019 AFL Victoria Community Media Awards:
- Best Photograph Character of the Game: ‘Friendship Goals’ – Darrell Jones
- Best Photograph Character of the Game: ‘Oh what a feeling’ – Darrell Jones
- Best Photograph Character of the Game: ‘The final siren’ – Darrell Jones
- Best Radio Match Day Coverage: Western Region Football League
- Best Use of Online Media – Website/Social Media/Technology: The Challenge
Darrell Jones from Local Legends Photography was nominated three times, see his photos above and below.
The WRFL Match of the Day coverage was also nominated. The team of, Peppe Cavalieri, Andrew Wilson and Cade Lucas begin broadcasting on 88.9 WYN FM at 1.30pm. The trio have also been joined by Nicolas Boylan, Sam Richards, Andrew Muscat and Sarah Ramantanis throughout the season.
The team preview the Match of the Day, talk likely matchups and speak with representatives from both teams ahead of the match.
They give detailed quarter by quarter analysis of the game as well as a live play-by-play call.
Also nominated was The Challenge. The Challenge pitted the WRFL Senior Men’s and Women’s stars against each other, to see who would be crowned the best of the west.
Players took part in a handball and goal kicking challenge, plus they had one chance at nailing the trick shot.
Watch an episode below:
Award winners will be announced next Friday.