POSITION: JUNIOR FIELD UMPIRE’S COACH
The WRFL is seeking applications for the position of Junior Field Umpire’s Coach for season 2019. The primary role of the coach is to develop the skills of the junior field umpires, through providing engaging skill sessions, constructive feedback and an excellent knowledge of the rules. The coach requires an ability to communicate with and encourage the development of every junior umpire.
- Conduct coaching sessions and oversee skill sessions for junior umpires at Hanmer Reserve
- Conduct pre-season coaching session with all mentors in conjunction with the Director of Umpiring
- Liaise with the Academy Co-ordinators with coaching sessions for both Emmanuel and MacKillop academies
- Work in conjunction with the Junior Co-ordinator in relation to collation of observation reports/feedback on junior umpires
- Work in conjunction with the umpires Administrator in relation to junior appointments
- Provide written feedback of umpire observations, as per the set proforma per discipline (minimum 2 per umpire per season) with face to face feedback/discussion
- Provide verbal feedback on other umpire observation disciplines, if applicable, and relate that feedback to the relevant discipline coach
- Oversee the junior presentation night with the Director of Umpiring
- Observing in the junior finals
- Involved in the selection of junior grand final appointments with the academy coaches, junior co-ordinator, administrator and Director of Umpiring
- Hold or undertake Umpire Coach Accreditation
- Hold a current Working With Children’s Check or willing to obtain the same
- Perform other duties, as requested by the Director of Umpiring, from time to time
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and change to meet developing trends in football
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send in your application in writing outlining your coaching goals and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Monday, February 18.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Mark Westgarth on 0448 050 433.