Posted on Monday 2nd September, 2019



Andrejs Everitt’s four goals helped put the Yarraville Seddon Eagles into the season decider with a come from behind 11.14. (80) to 8.7. (55) win against Wyndhamvale.

The Eagles kicked the opener in a tight first few minutes as both teams played conservatively, due in part to nerves and the quality of both sides.

The Falcons hit back late with two goals in two minutes deep into the first quarter and showed the form that makes them so dangerous as they took an eight-point lead into the first break.

A howling wind made conditions tough as neither side could get their games operating at 100 percent, however the minor premiers took their limited opportunities when going forward in the second.

They led by 13-points at the half with the game in the balance with the result up for grabs.

The restart saw the contest turned up to 11 as neither side wanted to give an inch with a Grand Final spot on the line.

The Eagles started to slowly take over as they dominated the quarter from start to finish, but just couldn’t turn their advantage into a big lead. They took a four-point buffer into the final term in what was shaping as the biggest quarter of the season so far.

The fourth quarter had it all; seven goals were kicked, the ball flowed back and forth and it was a great spectacle to watch.

The Eagles pushed the lead to 12 early before two quick goals to the Falcons tied the game.

It was all Yarraville-Seddon from there as they piled on four straight goals, two of Everitt’s coming in the purple patch, and booked their spot in the grand final with a 25-point win.

The loss was Wyndhamvale’s second loss all season and will see them face Parkside, who knocked off Point Cook Centrals in the First Semi Final.

The Magpies and Sharks fought hard in less than ideal conditions as neither team were able to put significant points on the board which left the game in the balance all day.

Despite managing just one major to half time, Point Cook Centrals trailed by just two points going into the final quarter, but were unable to get over the line.

Parkside’s three majors in the final term proved too much for the Sharks in what was a heart stopping 5.10. (40) to 4.12. (36) win for the Magpies.