We are pleased to announce that AFL Victoria, the Western Region Football League and the Western Region – Australian Football Coaches Association (Western AFCA) are offering you and your club the chance to again recognise the effort of your coaches with the AFL Victoria WRFL “Coach of the Month” Award, and in 2019 we will be awarding Monthly winners for each Age bracket (Junior, Youth and Senior).
The purpose of the awards is to recognise the significant contribution of coaches to the conduct and development of Australian Rules Football in Victoria and in particular the Western Metropolitan Region.
- Monthly nominations will be called for the months of May, June, July and August.
- Anyone, including club officials, players, and parent, can place a nomination for a coach, however nominations will be ratified by a relevant club official prior to the winner being announced.
- Monthly winners will be announced for each Age Bracket (Junior: 8 – 12; Youth: 12 – 18 and Senior: U19 +).
- Each Age Bracket winner will be the recipient of the AFL Victoria/WRFL Coach of the Month Award, and will receive a $50.00 AFL Store Voucher.
- Monthly winners will be decided at the discretion of AFL Victoria Football Development Managers.
- Each monthly winner will then be eligible for the Western Coach of the Year Award, conducted by Western AFCA to be announced at the WRFL Junior and Senior Presentation Nights.
If you have any questions about this or any other related football matters please do not hesitate to contact your AFL Victoria Football Development Manager.
Jackson Taylor; email@example.com
Harry Sleigh; firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL INFORMATION AND PROCESS
- Entries close by 5pm on the 5th of the subsequent month, with the winner announced in the days following. (I.e – nominations for May Coach of Month will close on June, 5th at 5pm).
- ALL monthly winners will automatically be nominated for the AFCA Regional Coach of the Year Award, conducted by the Western AFCA
- The Regional Coach of the Year in each category will then be eligible for nomination for the Victorian State Coach of the Year awards to be presented at the State awards in November at the MCG.
- Coach of the Year winners decided by the Western AFCA Committee
PURPOSE OF THE AWARDS:
- To recognise the significant contribution of coaches to the conduct and development of Australian Football in Victoria and in particular the Western Region.
- To recognise the achievements of coaches who give quality service to the game in that they:
- Display strength of character in the role of coaching
- Foster enthusiasm for, interest in, and an excellent attitude to participation in football
- Give quality value to the goals and purposes of Club and League football.