POSITION: REGIONAL COACH CHAMPION
Position: Regional Coach Champion
- To provide coaching expertise, leadership and mentoring of coaches within the AFL Victoria Western region. Ensuring that the coaches conduct themselves in a professional manner in the aim to achieve better outcomes for coaches and young players across the region.
- The coach mentor will be given a portfolio of clubs they will be responsible for.
- To conduct and manage at least one education seminar for junior coaches from clubs within the mentor’s portfolio, in-conjunction with the AFL Victoria Football Development Manager (FDM)
- To supervise, monitor and offer feedback to local junior coaches throughout weekends during games over the 2020 season
- To offer mentoring to junior coaches within your club’s portfolio
- Input into coach coordinator development sessions
- Provide regular feedback on coaches/coaching in the region and ideas about improving coaching
- Reports to AFL Vic FDMs (South West / Inner West)
- Liaise and work in-conjunction with FDM
- Club Coaches and Coach Coordinators
- WRFL staff
- Report on progress of coaches in-conjunction with the FDM
- Provide written feedback/recommendations to local coaches and clubs
- Monthly reports on progress of development programs to the FDM
- 4-6 hours a week. February to August
- Remuneration offered. Paid in two installments.
All applications are to be sent to Harry Sleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 3rd February at 5pm.